SSC JE Salary 2023
SSC JE Salary 2023: Staff Selection Commission has released the details of SSC JE Salary 2023 along with the official notification on its official website @www.ssc.nic.in. Candidates preparing for this recruitment drive must be aware of the salary offered to them after their selection as Junior Engineers. As per the official notification, the pay scale of the selected candidates will range from Rs.35,400 to 1,12,400/-. Along with the SSC JE Salary 2023, the shortlisted candidates will get numerous allowances such as TA, HRA, DA, etc.
SSC JE Salary 2023: Overview
An overview of SSC JE Salary comprising the important points such as grade pay, pay scale, and allowances are given below in the table.
|SSC JE Salary 2023|
|Recruitment Body||Staff Selection Commission|
|SSC JE Salary||Rs.35,400-1,12,400/-|
|Allowances||TA, DA, HRA, and others|
SSC JE Salary Structure
After the implementation of the 7th Pay Commission, there has been a major hike in the gross salary of the SSC JE in various departments. The SSC JE post comes under Group B, a non-gazetted post in Level 6. This post has a lucrative career growth with a high salary depending upon the allowances you get. The total SSC JE Salary in hand will also depend on the other allowances and the city you are living in. Let’s take a look at the overview of the SSC JE Salary in hand.
|HRA (depending on the city)||X Cities (27%)||Rs.9558|
|Y Cities (18%)||Rs.6372|
|Z Cities (9%)||Rs.3186|
|DA (Current- 42%)||Rs.14868|
|Gross Salary Range (Approximately)||X Cities||Rs.64938|
Get a Complete Free E-Book for SSC JE 2023 (Download Now)
SSC JE In-Hand Salary 2023
The monthly In-Hand salary of the candidates is calculated by adding up all the allowances and subtracting the deductions such as PF, NPS, etc. The In-hand salary offered to the shortlisted candidates is calculated using the formula below.
Total Salary = Basic Salary + All Allowances (DA, TA, HRA) – All Deduction (Income Tax, NPS, PF)
SSC JE Salary 2023: Allowances & Benefits
Apart from the basic pay, a Junior Engineer in the railways gets various allowances and perks that add to their salary raising a hike in their respective salary. Let’s take a look at some of the allowances in addition to the SSC JE basic pay:
- HRA i.e. House Rent Allowance
- Dearness Allowance
- Travel Allowance
- Medical Allowance
- Other Special Allowances
SSC JE Salary 2023: Job Profile
The job responsibilities of the candidates appointed as Junior Engineers include the following:
- Supervising the work: The main job of a Junior Engineer is to supervise all the work going on the site. They will have to work on government projects and will make sure that the work is done properly.
- Lead the team for various government projects: The Government usually comes up with new schemes to be implemented on a regular basis for which a Junior Engineer executes everything that needs to be done with the help of its team.
- Planning & Execution: All the work-related planning is done by the Junior Engineer along with the technique to be implemented in the project.
- Guide his/her superiors: A JE also guides his superiors and makes sure the work is done properly.
- Handles all the accounts: The JE also handles money matters related to work done by the workers or contractors. He also makes sure that the work is done within the budget provided by the government.