G20 Summit Delhi 2023
The G20, also known as the Group of Twenty, is an international platform comprising the governments and central bank governors of 19 individual nations and the European Union. Its establishment in 1999 aimed at fostering international financial stability and addressing critical global economic concerns. Collectively, the G20 countries account for almost two-thirds of the global population, 75% of global trade and 85% of world GDP.
The member countries of the G20 encompass Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, South Korea, Turkey, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Collectively, these nations, in conjunction with the European Union, represent a substantial portion of the world’s population and hold a significant share of the global economic output.
G20 Summit Date 2023
The G20 Summit 2023 is going to be held on 09 and 10th September 2023. The two days long G20 Summit will be held at International Exhibition-Convention Centre, Pragati Maidan, New Delhi.
Main Agenda Behind G20 Summit 2023?
As the theme of G20 Summit is “One Earth, One Family, One Future” the idea of the world as a united family working toward a shared aspiration for a brighter future.The agendas behind G20 Summit 2023 include the following:
- Promote Sustainable Development
- Achieve International Financial Stability
- To formulate a fresh international financial framework
Facts Related To G20 Summit 2023
The facts related to G20 Summit 2023 are outlined below:
- The G20 2023 summit will be the 18th meeting of the Group of Twenty (G20), and will take place on September 9–10, 2023, in New Delhi, India.
- The summit will be held at the International Exhibition-Convention Centre, Pragati Maidan, New Delhi,
- The theme of the G20 2023 summit is “One Earth, One Family, One Future”.
- The Indian Presidency will also highlight Lifestyle for the Environment (LiFE), with an emphasis on environmentally sustainable and responsible choices both at the individual lifestyle and national development level.
- The G20 2023 summit will be the first G20 summit to be held in India as well as South Asia.
- The G20 includes 19 countries and the European Union, and Spain is a permanent guest.
- India is a member of the G20 and is chairing the G20 from December 1, 2022.
- G20 New Delhi Summit 2023 to be chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi
- The G20 2023 summit will be preceded by the 2022 G20 Bali summit and will be followed by the 2024 G20 Rio de Janeiro summit.
- The G20 group of 19 countries and the European Union was established in 1999 as a forum for finance ministers and central bank governors to discuss international economic and financial issues.